Thursday, January 6, 2011

Deb and Barrett - A Three Part Mini-Series

Image by Urban Vows - taken to create personalized wedding invitations on Wedding Paper Divas

Deb and Barrett were my second last wedding of the year, but definitely my most involved wedding - maybe because it was planned in four months! That's right, it can be done, and corners do not need to be cut!

Deb and Barrett were engaged May 2010, after sitting in a cold hockey arena, having Deb complain the entire game about how Barrett wasn't popping the question and she was tired of waiting, I witnessed the proposal of this beautiful couple. Yes, right there, in the arena, with his skates still laced, Barrett got down on one knee and asked Deb to be his wife. I even managed to get a quick video (yes, there is the "F" word involved! But it's still REALLY cute!):



I decided since this wedding was labor intensive, very personal and very much close to my heart I would create a mini-series on it;

1) "Oh! I always wanted to be a wedding planner!". I cannot count the number of times I have heard this when I tell people what my part time job is, and this is a behind the scenes look at the industry. This post is to get down to the nitty gritty business of wedding planning, it's not all roses and diamonds - but never the less, I love my job.

2) "It's All In the Details" - a gallery of gorgeous photo's from Deb and Barrett's day, and how to re-create this look on a budget.

3) "FRD - Daddy's Little Girl - Deborah and Barrett" - A new Friday Real Deal wedding! The big day from Deb's viewpoint.

As always, feel free to leave some love in the comments, or if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me - info@urbanvows.com

Unless otherwise stated, all photo's are courtesy of Chelsea at Shutterbird Photography. Thank you once again for capturing unique and beautiful images that truly reflected the couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment